Kyle had a four day weekend for Easter. I'm just going to keep subtly mentioning these days off he has. I'm definitely not complaining!
So, yesterday we decided to take a day trip to Boulder, Colorado. As first time parents with a newborn, this can seem slightly intimidating. Far away from home, want to make sure you have everything, don't know when the next freak/blow out will be. But we have always said that we never wanted our lives to stop because we have kids. We had lunch at one of our favorite places, watched hippies hula hula hoop in the park while we fed the little lady, drank beers, and shopped. The weather was beautiful and Quinn did great! 



This was a nice warm up for more trips to come.
On Easter we had a fun day at the zoo. The Colorado Springs zoo has beautiful views of the city.
My favorite part was getting to feed the giraffes.
Quinn slept the entire time so the only animal she saw was a rare owl binky.
There is always some debate as to which parent the baby looks more like. When Quinn was first born until about a month old I was certain she was all me. I didn't see anything about her besides her coloring that I thought looked like Kyle. Now, I see both of us. I would say it's a 50/50. Here are some pictures for proof.
Matchy matchy little grins these two have in this picture.
Matchy matchy little grins these two have in this picture. And I'm slightly embarrassed this was caught on camera. Poor little Quinn was blessed with sleeping with her mouth open just like her mama. 😊 But, we do look like twins here.
We of course did the obligatory Easter Bunny mall photo. We had an outfit debacle that I won't get into...But, what a rip off these are! For $22 we got this quality photo and me feeling like I needed to fabreeze and Lysol my baby. 😁 It was her first Easter and that picture is going in the books.
Happy Easter everyone!






No comments:
Post a Comment